Saturday 26 March 2011

Perranarworthal School: Speeding Traffic

According to the Police the average vehicle passes the school at 26mph; in a 20mph speed limit.  This means that some vehicles go past much faster and threaten the safety of pupils.

I have decided to use most of my roads budget allowance to upgrade two sets of the current road humps into road tables.  Yes, until recently I had no idea of the difference.  However I'm assured that road tables, which are raised areas across the full width of the road, will have the effect of slowing traffic.

So how long to install them?  Well firstly we have to consult with local residents (fair enough), the Parish Council (who are fully behind the proposal) and First Devon & Cornwall (as the road is on their routes).  I'm hopeful that with speedy consultation the work will be completed within four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment